We are fortunate to be classed as essential retail, but with lockdown comes a whole new way of working. So to answer commonly-asked questions and ease some frustrations, here’s what we have learnt after 3 weeks of turning our business on its head:
- Our customers are awesome! You are so grateful that we are able to stay open we have been showered with food and drink to keep us going – homemade banana and walnut cake, a crate of Pepsi, Easter eggs, homemade flapjack and muffins, to name but a few. Your generosity at this time is very gratefully received, as are all the supportive comments on orders and Facebook posts letting us know you appreciate what we’re doing.
- We are receiving, picking, packing and calling around 70 customer orders per day in Aylesbury – all within 3-4 hours for same-day collection. Winslow is staying open, carefully managing customers one at a time, while also fulfilling a number of collection orders.
- We are also fulfilling 20-30 deliveries a day, usually within 48 hours, even though we’ve massively expanded our delivery area. We cannot give times for deliveries – if we said we will get to you on a specific day we will get there! Our drivers Paul, Tom and Lucy are working long hours, often into the evening, to get our deliveries out – don’t worry, we will get to you.
- We’re getting a lot of queries about grooming, including nail clips. Unfortunately the grooming salon is closed, as is the fun pool and training room. We apologise you haven’t heard much from us, but until we have further information there isn’t much to say. Please rest assured that as soon as we can we will be in touch to rearrange all appointments and we’ll make sure everyone gets served in order from when we closed. We are already working on different training classes when they resume as the dogs will have changed so much in this short time.
- 3 weeks ago we stopped ordering anything that wasn’t essential to ease our load – don’t panic as well as food and treats we remembered to order poo bags! However we are well stocked, so please ask for anything you may require on your order and we will endeavour to help, but specific accessory requests may have to wait.
- We have applied for help via the various government-backed Coronavirus loan schemes, but unfortunately we have been turned down for everything! So we continue to use our own resources and give our undying gratitude to our loyal customers – by continuing to support us, you are supporting 22 local jobs.
- Given the circumstances, and with so much unknown, we have had to furlough 5 members of the team. As you can imagine that has stretched the remaining team members more than ever, so please be patient. Please remember that we are people too, just like you, and the pressure we are under right now is totally unprecedented.
So, while we have adapted and morphed into this new way of working, we want to reassure you that we will remain open and have plenty of stock for your pets as long as you continue to support us!
A big THANK YOU from the whole of the Unique Pets family – we will get through this, together!